At Second Skin Dermatology, we use the Fraxel 1927 and 1550 for our Laser Treatments
In the decade since Fraxel first pioneered true fractional laser technology, physicians around the world have treated more than 800,000 patients. That’s nearly a million treatments for women and men of all ethnicities, each with their own reasons for wanting to look and feel younger.
How Fraxel Fits Our Practice
Fraxel is for people who want to look good – and want real results – but don’t want the extended downtimes that comes with surgery. Fraxel fits into any lifestyle and your current beauty regimen:
- Non-invasive and can be easily managed into your routine
- Real change you just can’t get from lotions and creams
- Simple, effective treatment that really slows the signs of ageing
Most of us wish we could slow down the effects ageing has on our looks – and maybe even get a few years back in the process. Fraxel® is proven laser technology that can help reverse the visible effects of ageing, naturally helping you look as young as you feel. With Fraxel, change isn’t drastic or scary – it’s you, just younger.
Fraxel is effective on:
- Fine lines and wrinkles – like crow’s feet and brow lines
- Surface scarring – improving effects of acne and other scarring
- Pigmentation – minimising the appearance of age spots
- Sun damage – help heal the damage caused by sun exposure
- Actinic Keratosis (AK) – a common pre-cancerous skin condition
1927 Fraxel is a great treatment to rejuvenate sun damaged skin, and to give a consistent improvement in appearance with a reasonable trade off with down time. Particularly good at removing/reducing “blotchy brown” and “muddy” appearance. Downtime is generally between 4-7 days. Some action on fine lines, think of it s as “removing the top 1/3 of a millimeter of skin to reveal fresh new, healthy skin underneath.
1550 Fraxel is a great treatment for stimulating collagen, and helping with acne scars. Often used in combination with 1927 to “add” some deeper stimulation of collagen.